Saturday, July 30, 2005

I loves me my movies!

I got really excited in the middle of a boring day at work today, because I was suddenly struck with the realization, nay, the epiphany, that Dukes Of Hazard opened today. And then, moments later, it all came crashing down around my ears when I was summarily informed that "Nay, it doth not begin until the Friday one week hence!" Sorry, I feeling very poetic tonight.

I always start the night's blogging by reading my Dad's blog, and I read that he lost his temper today. That sucks. I know what it feels like to lose your temper like that, and I also know the recriminatory state of mind that you fall into after the fact. I always try to console myself with the thought that chances are, the way I'm built, I wouldn't have said anything otherwise, and at least now it's out in the open. I don't know that Dad's built the same way as me, but I strongly suspect he is (or vice versa), and I hope he reads this and feels moderately better.

I don't know how much I like this whole 2 jobs thing. The money will keep me in food, shelter, and more importantly, internet, but I don't know if I can change gears like that all the time. The two jobs are so disimilar that for the first hour I was at the restaurant today, I couldn't function as a restaurant manager. I was stuck in office mode, and couldn't seem to shift up. Or down. Or whatever. (Word to the wise: don't make metaphors with things you know only a little about).

And to round out tonight's segue-less entry, I watched Constantine tonight with my friend Mitch, who had never seen it. I hadn't forgotten what a good movie it was, exactly, but I had lost some of my sense of how cool it wa. But never fear, this sense was renewed tonight. Killer movie, a definite must-see for any comicbook reader.

And with that, I bid you all...

G'night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christian Thibodeau said...

I guess I should have mentioned in my blog that I was back to my usual self within minutes of storming out of the meeting room. I guess letting it all out acted as a catharsis. And reading your comment, I would guess that we're very similar in the not saying anything department otherwise.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home