Wednesday, March 14, 2007

To move, or NOT to move, that is the question...

Well, it's certainly been a long time since I've posted anything here. So long, in fact, that I didn't even remember what my password was for this site, and then it turned out I needed to "upgrade my account so that I can now access blogger through google. All that complication just so I can spread my idiotic concerns all over the internet (well, my corner of it, anyway...)

I wanna go home. I can't explain how much I long to be able to see the ocean whenever I feel like it, or go visit my parents whenever, or see one of my oldest friends and just hang with him with no concern as to when the next time I'll see him will be. The only problem is this: I have a life here.
I have friends, in fact, my best friend in the whole world, and maybe ever, I met here. He lives here. Most of my major life experiences happened here, both good and bad. But the weather here sucks for about 65% of the damn year, whereas back home it's pretty nice most of the time. But this place has BEEN home to me for almost 1/5 my entire life, I know this city fairly well now, and I like the person I've become here, for the most part. I like the people I know here.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm conflicted. I miss all the familiar sights, sounds, and people back home, but I think if I were to leave here I'd miss the people HERE just as much. I can't decide whether I'm willing to sacrifice all this for the chance to go home, finally. And I don't really have that long to decide. I'm leaning heavily toward moving back to Victoria, giving it some serious weight, but nights like tonight, when I hang out with Mitch, I wonder if that's the right choice. Will I really be any better off there than I am here? What if I'm worse off?

I hate "what if"s.

G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home