Saturday, July 30, 2005

Booooh-ring!

Tonight could possibly be the slowest night I have ever spent here at the restaurant. I've only been here since 4, but it feels like I've been here since the dawn of time. It is so slow, that I even have time to make a pre-post post on my blog. Which would be this. I'm currently sitting in the office at work, listening to all the nothing going on in the restaurant.

Why do I keep meeting the nicest, prettiest, and most importantly, seemingly interestedest (I know, that's not a word) girls in locations where I either can't, or won't, express return interest? For example, most of the girls I meet, I meet at work, but since I'm a manager, I'm not allowed to approach them on a social level. I'm not even sure I'd want to, since I know all the reasoning behind that edict. But where in this day and age can I go to meet women? I don't want to be some kind of sleazy bar predator, but I don't know where else to meet girls in a social setting. People keep telling me that I'm only 23, and I've got lots of time, but it doesn't really feel that way. I know a lot of people who are getting married, or are already married, or are at least in commited relationships, but I haven't even had a girlfriend longer than 9 months in my entire life!

And on top of that, given the work schedule I have, I rarely, if ever, have bunches of managable spare time, and when I do, I just don't feel like meeting new people, since that's what I do all day anyway. So, I guess I'm in the "catch 22" of dating: I don't know anyone who I really like, and want to ask out, and I don't know where to meet someone who could eventually turn into someone who I'll like and want to ask out... Arrrrgh! I'm just a little frustrated at the moment with the direction my life seems to be headed. Maybe I should get out of the restaurant business, and try taking this office job a little more seriously. But that would give me more spare time without solving the question of where I'd meet Ms. Right. I'm almost ready to give up on the whole thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I owe you NOTHING! :b

2:17 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Oh, and I love you too. So there!

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home