Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Longest day ever...

Remind me again why I thought it would be a good idea to have 2 jobs? Today I got up at 7:15, got to work at 9, worked 'til 4, caught a ride to other work, clocked in @ 4:45, and worked 'til close. I'm bagged. And plus, that's my whole day!

Now, to deconstruct, going backwards. The restaurant was uber-slow tonight, our sales were pathetic, and nothing I did could seem to keep my labour cost from spiralling completely out of control... But I think my close was good. I tried hard, since I'm tired of being the management whipping boy, and am doing everything in my power to give them NOTHING to bitch at me about, anymore.

I was super proud today, when I ran my first field test of my database model, and it swamped the RAM so bad, the computer would only display black except for a little white box that said "Please make the hurting stop, nice man."Ok, it really said "Out of Memory", but I solved that problem by dividing the whole into smaller portions, which consequently use fewer resources. (Oh yeah, geek talk is making me so...EDITED FOR PG AUDIENCE(plus I think my Mom reads this)) So now... IT WORKS! Hallelujah, hallelujah...etc, etc, ad infinitum. Can someone make that angelic choir shut-up?

Thank you. Anyway, since I know my Dad is one of the maybe 4 (thousand) people who read this blog, I thought I'd say something straight to him, for all the world to see, instead of sending it in an e-mail. Remember when Youth Leading fell apart for me, Dad? I was talking about that the other day with a friend of mine, about how it was the most negative experience I can remember ever having, when it dawned on me that I never thanked you for being so supportive. and for not turning on me, when I was sure you would. I used to say that you kinda took a backseat during my childhood, but I think you were always there, I just never realized, and that day really showed me what I'd been missing out on for all those years, because I was so caught up in myself. I love you Dad, and I want to thank you for your part in making me the man I am today.

Now, a smart writer would finish there, because that was (if I do say so myself) a great finish. But I wanted to make sure to say that if other people who were instumental in my development (and you know who you are, although I'll only refer to your initials, Mom) are feeling a little left out, I have every intention of honoring you here too, but I happened to think of that just a couple of days ago, and wanted to get it out before I forgot. I love all of you, and you know what sometimes I thank God for? Unanswered prayers... I mean, my family! ^_^

And with that, I go with the ol' standby...

G'night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christian Thibodeau said...

If I remember correctly, the idea behind the sometimes 2 jobs is that it would not be most times no job. But hey - I've been known to tune out so I might have missed some vital piece of information.

Aw shucks, now I'm blushing... But the truth is we all knew what your potential was and we wanted to give you every opportunity to realise that. And being selfish for a second, it's too bad that had to happen so far away :)

Keep up the great work!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home